Mittwoch, 5. Juli 2017

Scotland, Edinburgh

This weekend I went to Edinburgh. I arrived at 11.30 pm on Friday. I just went to bed when I arrived, because I was reaaaaly tired. The next day I was awake at 6.30 am, had breakfast and then I explored the city. I joined a Guide Tour for about 3 hours, like an intruduction into the city. 
We went trough the old town, went to the Edinburgh Castle, the Greyfriars. Burials have been taking place since the late 16th century, and a number of notable Edinburgh residents are interred at Greyfriars. After that we went along the Grassmarket, which is a historic market place and an event space in the Old Town of Edinburgh.
The Tour was really interesting and I can just recommend this tour to you guys.
After this I discovered the city on my own. Furthermore I went to the Whisky Experience and tested some Whisky :D And also ate Haggis and a battered Mars Bar. Not to bad all! In the afternoon I jined a gost tour under the streets of Edinburgh. After that I went to the Calton Hill, situated beyond the east end of Princes Street and included in the city's UNESCO World Heritage Site.You have an amazing view of the city. I spent a lot of time there taking pictures. 
And of course I hiked with some other Germans to the Arthur's Seat,  wich is the main peak of the group of hills in Edinburgh, Scotland. It is situated just to the east of the city centre, about 1.6 km to the east of Edinburgh Castle. The hill rises above the city to a height of 250.5 m, provides excellent panoramic views of the city and beyond and is relatively easy to climb. 
Well, let's show you some photos.
The other ones from my Tour trough the Highlands and to Loch Ness will come in the following post.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Scotland, Edinburgh

This weekend I went to Edinburgh. I arrived at 11.30 pm on Friday. I just went to bed when I arrived, because I was reaaaaly tired. The nex...